In Solids Control equipment, centrifuge is the highest tech equipment, espacially comparing with shale shaker, mud cleaner, etc. So there are always something you need to know before you purchase, or before the operation, to make yourself more confident on explaining, or running.
1) Explain the centrifuge each components and function.
The centrifuge including collection box, bowl, screw conveyor, motors, control panel etc.
The most advanced material of centrifuge so far is the SS2205, duplex material. For bearings, we all know SKF one, but need to be the real SKF one. As heard of, the real SKF also have different class, made in China, made in Australia, and made in EU.
The screw conveyor can also rotate through gearbox input speed. Another end of gearbox is fixed by bolts, no rotating.
The differential speed calculation formula: N= (N1- N2) / 57
N1: means bowl speed
N2: means screw conveyor speed. In this centrifuge, it is 0.
57: means gearbox differential speed ratio.
2) The function of the rotation button. How to adjust the button to increase or decrease the bowl speed?
3) Preparation of the test; how to connect the centrifuge, VFD control panel and feed pump?
4) Check what is feeding into
5) Know the result you want, and what you are expecting to get from the centrifuge
The last but also one of the most important thing
6) Know more about your supplier
Who are they?
How they manufacture the centrifuge? As a solids control equipment supplier, GN Solids Control is the only one who have the double column CNC machine, which can do the manufacturing from 5 sides of each piece.
How can the manufacturers assure the centrifuge accuracy?
This is just a reference questions list, can not help you figure out everything, but if all sorted, will not be too bad. And contact GN Solids Control if any questions.